John Scott Yoga Newsletter
GDPR Confirmation Form
What is this form for
On 25th May, 2018 the European Union will bring in to law the European Union General Data Protection Law (GDPR). This law is set out to better safe guard personal data collected, processed or stored by Websites and other means
Previously you have provided JohnScottYoga with your contact details (name, email address) as part of subscribing to a JSY Newsletter that was being produced at the time. This newsletter hasn’t been generated in over 2 years but it is being re-considered as a means of reaching out to the John Scott Yoga Community. In order for us to do that, and for us to legally continue to reach out to you after GDPR comes into law, we’re sending you an email asking you to confirm that you are still interested in receiving information from us.
If you are no longer interested you can simply do nothing. We will not send you any newsletter or emails in the future in this case. You can always opt back in at any future point and your consent to do this will be asked for at that point
As part of GDPR we are required to seek your specific consent to:-
– contact you with regards information relevant to John and Julia Scott, John’s Senior and 500 Level teachers and the John Scott Yoga Community at large. Specifically the types of information you might expect to receive would include:
- Announcements from John and Julia
- Announcements from John Scott Yoga (mostly copied from John’s Facebook Page)
- Monthly event announcements from John’s Senior and 500 Level Teachers
- Announcements concerning John’s proposed Teacher Training and the John Scott Teacher Training Organisation*
- Directly market product information relevant to John, Julia, John’s Senior and 500 level Teachers, and approved third party organisations. Please understand that we basically don’t have the time or resources to bombard you with newsletters. At most the newsletter may come out once a month (with the JSY Senior and 500 Level events) or on an irregular basis if there’s specific announcements we feel you’d be interested in hearing. Much of this information is already posted on John’s website here and on his social media channels – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
*The organisation looking after John’s Teacher Training program is yet to be formally named. We’re using the name “John Scott Teacher Training Organisation” as a placeholder in the meantime
At this time we must also provide you with the following information :-
- Contact details of the controller
- Data Controller, c/o John Scott Yoga, Flat 5, Starch Mill. Ford Road, Haddington. EH41 4BP, Scotland. You can email us directly by clicking here
- The purposes of the processing
- To send you newsletter, announcement, event details and material related to John Scott, John’s Teacher Training, John Scott’s Senior and 500 level Teachers and related products
- To send you direct marketing material relating to products approved by John Scott, John Scott Teacher Training Organisation and John’s Senior and 500 Level Teachers.
- To send you direct marketing material relating to third party products approved by John and Julia Scott
- The legitimate interests pursued by the controller
- Direct Email Marketing – see above
- The recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
- John Scott Yoga (data controller)
- If we “intend to transfer personal data to a third country or international organisation”
- No, we don’t. Email information will be maintained in a third party email service (Mailpoet, Mailchimp)
- The period for which the personal data will be stored
- We will store your information until you ask us to remove it or until John or JohnScottYoga decides that the newsletters no longer need to be sent.
Please review the Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Notice which govern details on GDPR as apply to this form. If you do not agree to any of the terms or policy details then please do not enter your information and send it to us.